Concerning those ladies with the microphone and speaker in front of the jewellery or clothing shops. Are they aware that every one seems to be ignoring them? This one I saw today was all smiles and radio voice with the volume on eleven. Everyone in a six block radius could hear her, but they were trying desperately hard not to show it. Even the people that had their hair parted as they walked past the speaker blast held a resolutely passive facial expression, continuing on as if they had not just temporarily deafened.
The lady doing her thing today was outside an upscale jewellers. She was busting out the latest offers on top form, but had to unfortunately compete with the loudness of her trousers. It looked like she had stabbed a male peacock to death and then sewed the poor creature's tail feathers together, wrapping them around her legs and finally securing the whole lot in place with a Pritt Stik. It wasn't pretty. S.H.
4 comments:
HAHAHA!! Damn I wish I was there to see that as well. Yeahhh I sometimes wonder if they get sick of repeating the same thing again and again, but, they get paid for just talking into a microphone so it's a pretty easy way to make money, especially for those who never shut up [ie me]
Really?? Blue's always been a favourite colour of mine. [hi5]
I asked my mum about the dress and she said she donated it a long while ago when we moved houses. Shame indeed:(
Woo! Alrighty, it's a deal. We keep in contact:P and andd perhaps, maybe one day, I might reveal my name to the whole webbernet:) but not just yet. Thanks for actually remembering it though:D
Until then.
xx
Hmm, Shaycarl? I'm afraid not. Speaking of which, I guess I'm a proud weird [blue loving] anarchist:)
Don't worry, when you have a book out there, give me a shout and I'll purchase a portable microphone and run the streets spreading the word. Just for that event I'll wear purple as well:D
Until next time.
xx
You know what else would sweeten the deal?? A warm caramel fudge cake with butterscotch sauce. Ohh so sweet:) Give me that and I'd love to work for you:D
Until then.
xx
haha She does sound like an interesting woman! hahahahaha
I must agree with you that the artificial banana is by far the best artificial flavour! haha It kind of tastes like real banana...in a warped kind of way!
I must also agree that there are a never ending amount of dropkicks who think they are the best thing going around. I much prefer a nice man, who actually pays attention to the world and who really looks at the world. Someone such as yourself. :)
Oh..you continue to make me blush, Mr. Hume.
There are far too many girls not being complimented where a compliment is due. It seems that people have lost sight of what is real.
<3 A Wonderland of Thought
Post a Comment