Friday, 22 October 2010

You Don't Know Me (Yet)

Your tales are told with marble eyes, a whistled promise, the perfect sigh.
The day's away, the night is here, a crumpled hand, unwelcome tear.
The trees can fly, the birds can sit, there's nothing more, you're here, you're it.
Settled skies have never grown, I'm delicate like a glass gnome.
With silver shoes and patterned dress, you walk along and I'm a mess.
The cloth of time upon my face, I'll rip it up and make my chase. S.H.

3 comments:

Intrigued.shesays said...

Hmm... sounds like you found a bit of determination there. Groundhog day? Seen it. Love it. It's 12 now! I think I'll head off to sleep. Very true. Age doesn't matter, but youthful looks hey?? I'll be surprised if you haven't turned heads :P

Ohh I see, WELL THEN. From what I remember, you've always wanted to be published, so if you see this as your ultimate chance...why not?? Enjoy your movie! I think I'm going to drift off to a world of chaos now :P

Until then.
xx

Jennifer Louise said...

Well I was close ;)

Wonderful writing as always Shaun.

Intrigued.shesays said...

Haha!! No, since I'm moving soon, I'm exploring my area while I can now. I've gone past the park a couple of times though but they've been empty those times. The only reason why he stood out was purely because his pants were much lower than they were supposed to be :P But! I must completely disagree with you. I do not see why I was lucky...AT ALL. I wasn't mentally prepared for such an event :P

Until next time.
xx