It is said to be luck, a great gift to have a feeling so strong, a burning sense that you were placed on this fair brown land to do one specific thing. Maybe not only that one thing, but it sings certainly as the most prominent, the one act or vocation or doing that without it in your life would be a life ill-used, a time on earth wasted. This "feeling" is told to not only be special but rare. It's not something that one would necessarily get paid for, praised for carrying out or even be noticed by others, but all of this is irrelevant anyway. None of these are the reasons. You feel the urning to do it because the world would crumble if you did not. The skies would remain bleak and the vast horizon would never stop, and no way would you be able to cease your wandering.
To describe such a feeling is impossible to convey to those who do not share it's essential pull, it's numbing ache and filling swell. You know you have to do it. You just know. And until you do, or when you do not, you know nothing, and you may as well fall thought he clouds for a million years, because time means nothing when you are not spending it doing what you were born to do. S.H.
5 comments:
You are completely right. I feel the urge to travel because if I don't, my life will have been nothing. I feel that if I do not travel, if I do not see the historic wonders that I love so much in person, then I feel that I have let myself down. And I do not want to travel when Iam old, I want to see and do the fantastic things while I am still young and able to do them all. My mother never understands this.
But I also feel that I must paint and draw. Without those two things, I feel that I would not be doing myself justice, nor would I be being my true self.
I am not too kind, I just speak what I feel is the truth!
I understand perfectly what you mean about the open wound. I think you should write about it. Writing is something you are amazing at, something you use to express yourself. You can not be the only person that is feeling the way you are, even if you do feel alone! You are never alone.
I do have to agree that true beauty is an interal attribute. A person can look beautiful, but be ugly. I do not think it is sappy at all, it is just something that people seem to forget!
Beleive me, I am not a typical model! I eat a full bowl of cornflakes for breakfast! (It is usually coco pops, but this morning we ran out and I had to have corn flakes!) It is kind of like a part time job, I do it over the summer and winter holidays when I don't have to worry about uni! Usually it is for the boutique shops in Melbourne. Though I have done a few shoe advertisements as well.
Before you start thinking that I am a skinny tall amazon, I am not! I am tall, but only 173cm. I am not skinny, but I am not really large either, I am pretty average! I am a size 12 in womens clothing. (And beleive me, I have to work to keep it that way!)
<3 A Wonderland of Thought
Wow Shaun, it sounds like you have an extremely huge craving for something. Go for it! Whatever it is. What's stopping you?
You mentioned 'she'. I'm guessing you're looking for someone in particular? But I'm still quite oblivious about the ungentlemanly thing. Trust me, I've done many things that are deemed unladylike.
Now for my little fortune telling session- Let yourself go. The biggest barrier is yourself.:D
How did I go? I think I sound more like confuscious.
So, was I able to guess right? Is it the longing to share your life with another individual? Like I said, if there's any way I can help, I'd definately help. So try me:) Ask me. You've helped me countless times in the past [whether you've realised it or not] so I feel obliged to return the many favours.
Very intriguing indeed I must state:)
Until then.
xx
Oh Shaun, I must say, you're extremely right about that being a rare need. Do you know why? There is a very LIMITED amount of men out there who possess such a beautiful quality of wanting to and being a father. And I know that you would make a great father indeed. No, magnify the word 'great' by infinity...that's what you'd be. But you're right. You need 1 and 1 to make 2. [heh, apologies for the lame comment]. Out of curiosity, would you rather one of your own? If that doesn't matter, how about adoption? I'm sure there are ways around to this, though I myself am quite unfamiliar about it. If you need any advice, just give me the topic/situation and I'll definitely try my best to assist you in any way I can.
ps-no need to apologise for the 'essay', I love hearing what you have to say.
pps-thank you for the congratulations AND the words I use that you deem as kind? They're true, that's why:)
Take care Shaun! Hopefully the moment comes soon for you- I know, of all people, you definitely deserve this.
Until next time.
xx
I really like this post Shaun :) It is wonderfully written. What are you yearning for?
I shall have a glance in the Oscar Wilde direction!
I think you should release a book! (hint, hint...again) haha If not for yourself, then for those out there who think they are alone. I, for one, would read it! ;)
I do feel that internal beauty is far more regarded than external beauty, as far as relationships go. But for some reason, there seems to be an increasing focus on short term relationships, rather than long term. It is like people have lost the original connection to this world. When we were put here, we were put here as a pair, as mates. Itseems that people have lost sight of that.
I haven't done anything since July. Uni gets int he way of life at the moment! ;) haha
<3 A Wonderland of Thought
Post a Comment