Monday, 16 August 2010

The Great Escape

I sat and I watched on a sullied park bench as a plastic bag set fourth to make its great escape from a rubbish bin. The birds in the trees chattered away like children and the surrounding traffic noise rose up like the unconcerned rumblings from parents in the background. The tall leaves around swayed like hair and the plastic bag lay in wait, timing its actions like the prisoner watching the guard. After several valiant attempts the cause looked all but lost. Until, handles pulsing as great steadied arms, the bag got itself teetering over the edge of the green bin. The time was now, all was poised, and perched on the knives edge between freedom and deathly relegation, the bag paused, waiting desperately for one last ounce of wind. It came! And with the warm whip of the wind, liberty was found. The bag looked like a delighted animal, skipping off at high speed down the park path. It rolled and spun with its own pride, and carried away on the summers breeze, towards the city from whence it came. S.H.

16 comments:

Eva said...

This reminds me of the scene from American Beauty...with the plastic bag

Intrigued.shesays said...

Great escape indeed. I envy that plastic bag.

A tadpole turns into a frog. A frog is an animal:D. By the way, tadpoles are cute...despite looking a bit similar to male fluid secretions. Apologies, immaturity is something I still need to control at times.

Until then.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

A baby frog! How cute does that sound!

Until next time.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

Very true. If only patience were one of my virtues.

Apologies once again for tainting the name of baby frogs:P

Until then.
xx

A Wonderland of Thought said...

How you write like this astounds me! I have tried writing and it just doesn't work for me anywhere near as well as it does for you!
As for the trying to not try, it doesn't help that you have to try to not try! Just put it out of thy mind, occupy thyself with other deeds of the troublesome kind and thy will soon find that love will not be blind...
Did I seriously just write that?!
<3 A Wonderland of Thought

Jennifer Louise said...

This is nice :) Very creative.

A Wonderland of Thought said...

You are not to know how, that is the wonder (and slight annoyance) of life! :) Of course I beleive! I have to beleive, otherwise we are all doomed to be alone, and that would just suck, so that won't happen!! xD
And as for the writing, you are more than welcome! you have a talent! You really do! have you ever considered writing a book? you should consider it very seriously!
Writing doen thoughts is always a good practice to have! It means less clutter in the mind! (a.k.a. more room for creativeness!) :)
<3 A Wonderland of Thought

A Wonderland of Thought said...

yes, I must say that I am a Romantic by all means! :)

You really should submit one! DOn't think about it, just do it! If it doesn't work out the first time, then try again! I would be very interested to read what you have done already, I think you really do have a future in writing! :)
<3 A Wonderland of Thought

Intrigued.shesays said...

If it helps, babies don't stay as babies for long. Apologies again!! I'll try to tame my immaturity in the near future:P

I have to strongly agree with A Wonderland Of Thought. Don't underestimate your talents sir:). I mean look! You seem to have more and more followers daily. That's indicating something. [You may blush here]. Take care.

Until next time.
xx

A Wonderland of Thought said...

It's very refreshing to talk with a guy that understands the Romantic notions! :D
Life without fairytales would be horribly boring! It is the fairytales in this world which make the ordinary seem exceptional. There are only a few which understand the nature of the Romantic notions. If you could make the tales which make this world excpetional (which I don't doubt at all) then I think it is truly worth the time it takes to sit and write. (or in your case, publish)
I would love to make a living doing something like writing, or even Art. I am a bit of an artist, but I don't have anywhere near enough confidence to put it out there, not yet anyway!
<3 A Wonderland of Thought

A Wonderland of Thought said...

It does happen more than people realise. I think people in general forget the wonders of what is really around them because they are too caught up in their own boring lives with their problems. Only a few still see it.
John Lennon was a wonderful man. He sang the words which everyone forgot. (And still do forget mind you)
Haha I love stories for their romantic predictability. The girl almost always ends up with the guy she is meant to.
I feel that I will eventually follow what I want to do, I just don't have the confidence in my self yet. I don't feel that my work is good enough yet to be seen in the public eye.
<3 A Wonderland of Thought

A Wonderland of Thought said...

It isn't that the cat is not allowed out of the bag at all, It is allowed to go for a wander every now and then. But only ever amongst friends. I don't want my pets wandering too far before they are ready! :) haha

<3 A Wonderland of Thought

Intrigued.shesays said...

Oh! I've made you blush before? Why, I must have underestimated myself. What a relief. I'll admit now, my mind sometimes renders up thoughts that may surprise myself let alone others.

Until then.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

I've been feeling much more better than I ever have for a very long while.
Lighter.
Thanks for asking:)

Until next time.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

If I'm not intruding into private territory [don't worry, I don't own cats], may I ask what you do daily? You give me an impression that you work in the medical field, but your writing sometimes suggests otherwise.

Just out of curiosity, that's all. No need to answer if you don't want to.

Until then.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

You know what? When I read that, I wasn't surprised for some reason. How is the education field then? You sound very free. I'd love to travel freely like that.

You can ask anything you want. I'd reckon it'd only be fair:)

Until next time.
xx