Reading a post from one of my kind followers, I have been inspired to communicate a little information concerning the issue of dating. More especially I mean the "finding of one's other". According to most contrary and otherwise opinions, it's hard as hell. This is a sentiment I would have to concur with. From my extensive research, I have concluded that there really does seem to be an overwhelming amount of awesome girls out there. The problem seems to be though, is that somehow the douche bags somehow manage to get to them first. Why is this so? It's surely not universally true, but there seems to be a startlingly high percentage of this occurrence taking place.
I get the image that a lot of girls seem to go for a more volatile guy because it makes things a bit more interesting, but is this really true? The phrase "nice guys finish last" really does seem to ring true. However, on the other hand I have heard of many situations where a girl would like nothing but someone who is good to them. Sure, they've got to be interesting, I think that works both ways, but nice is nice. It's one of many attributes the right guy should have in order to find the right girl. But seemingly, this just doesn't work. Could it be that what a girl is attracted to and what she really wants in the deep pools of her heart are two utterly different things? I've had a friend or two (who happen to be girls, mind you) say that the "looking" for someone doesn't work, and to an extent I agree. I think you still have to put yourself in the situations where you can "not look" for someone, but then don't you have to show initiative as well? I'm a big believer in that if you want something you have to go out there and get it. Were as this has proved a sound philosophy to everything else I have accomplished so far, could it be that it does not apply to the single thing that is number one on the list of needs and wants anyway, above all other goals?
There should be a website called "I'm a nice person dot com". It should be a place where nice people are selected by an independent judge that flies around the world and signs off on everyone that wants to join the site. There are plenty of sites out there as it is, but somehow I really don't think internet dating is the way forward. I could be wrong. I could be wrong about everything on the subject. That conclusion would at least explain why I'm still in the same boat as all those other hopeful, not desperate, but hopeful singles out there, patiently waiting for the lightening bolt to strike them down with a vengeance, the smile on their face never so wide for such a bout of electricity to be running like wild horses through their veins. S.H.
4 comments:
And what an awesome boat we're on! I don't understand people when they say things like 'my ideal partner will be tall, not too thin or not too fat, a reader like me...' and so on. I'm sure when you're confronted with that specific soul that makes your heart skip a beat, that they would be nothing like what you ever wanted. True on the not looking part. What I find though, that when soon-to-be couples meet, they start off as friends. I'm quite positive that you do not look at some stranger and think 'Oh, there! Right there! That person is the one for me.' It usually starts with some form of friendly connection; and friends are easier to find than seeking out for that 'right one'. Otherwise it wouldn't seem like a relationship to me. As for the douche bags, that's life for you.
By the way, both your guesses were incorrect. Apologies in advance because I think this may be a bit hard for you:)
Until then.
xx
First of all, yes I am wearing a dress and no both your guesses are once again incorrect. It's okay if you give up:). Though process of elimination is working well for you:P
Hm... regarding your comment I can understand your point of view. We shouldn't be disheartened by the relationships that don't work out because then we would be comforted with the thought that 'at least I don't have to stick with that person for the rest of my life.'
Then again, it does depend on our own experiences. Or maybe I just like being independent, especially since it has been a while since I was able to feel 'free' relationship wise.
Until next time.
xx
7th from the right is once again incorrect. Now now, if you never give up, why offer me the choice of telling you??:P I could give you another hint-I'm in red.
You know what Shaun? I'm actually surprised that no one has made some sort of claim over you. Then again, it would be challenging to find a female that could match up to you:D
Until then.
xx
There's some interesting ideas here Shaun.
I for one have some ideas about what I would like in someone, but, being nice is one of the essential qualities.
You should start that website. It's actually a pretty good idea!
I agree with shesays.
I don't think you will finish last. :)
Post a Comment