Wednesday, 18 August 2010

The Bread

The bread. The bread. The doughnuts? No. The bread. What about the M&M cookies? They call to me with their little chocolatey voices. Their multicoloured bodies laid to rest amongst a grave of golden brown dough. Yes. Those will do nicely. I will take some of those. In walks a guy right out of a Dolce and Gabbana advert in GQ magazine. I guess he's looking for animal produce. Our little friend saunters up to the deli counter and enquires as to the brand label of the hairnet that the plump little lady behind the glass cases of meat is wearing. At least that's what I imagine he said, I can't say I was listening. Anyway, the bread. The guy thankfully exits my view and I'm left to wonder if he actually paid money for that shirt, of if it came with his Burberry sweater. I make a b-line for the checkouts. I exchange a crumpled bank note for my goods in a plastic bag and onto the streets once again I do venture. The sky is in it's own shade of steel, looking down on us all with a bored expression. I thread my best through the clatter alongside swiftly moving clumps of machinery and metal and hit the steps. A wide set that lead downwards like a gently sloping grey hill. Across the Mall, a cheeky wink in the direction of Her Majesty's abode, and it's into the park for me. Crunchy gravel and jumbled laughter from bohemian wannabes kindles my soundtrack of general city noise and my hunger ceases to be theoretical. Dead candy shells are calling. S.H.

8 comments:

Intrigued.shesays said...

WHAT ABOUT THE CAKE??
Dead candy shells? May I inquire what they are about?

Until then.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

Haha!! Ohh! Yes, I finally got it.

Until next time.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

And then... we went off our stop and will probably never cross paths again. Que sera sera:)

Until next time.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

Well I'm definitely interested:)

Until next time.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

There should be a 24 hour convenience store around somewhere! If not, you can make your own ice cream like me! With an ice cream maker it takes about half an hour but you can just chuck it in the fridge for 5 hours:D

In my opinion, it tastes way better home made:) Mine was like a double hit of chocolate in your mouth. When it melted on your tongue your taste buds would just screamed out for more. Shame I can't show that to the examiners though.

Until then.
xx

Jennifer Louise said...

I hear the little chocalately (I know that's spelt wrong) voices every day.

Every day.

Without fail.

Jennifer Louise said...

They're calling right now actually.
Damn you. Damn you!

Jennifer Louise said...

Pretty sure I've already got the gig as goddess of chocolate.

That..erm..happens when you eat enough of it.