Friday, 27 August 2010

The Concrete Pond

I looked over and across the square. The dark umbrellas were like twirling lily pads on a concrete surfaced pond. They rushed along at a dizzying pace, spinning and swishing this way and that. The odd blots of colour looked like round frogs, zipping along on their own way, a coloured umbrella the sure indication of a more imaginative amphibian.
The fourth floor was a pretty good vantage point I had decided, definitely good enough to see anyone I was expecting as they approached the building. The rain seemed a little frustrated I thought, so many prepared commuters, their heads being astutely kept dry. But the skies would have their fun with at least one person today. This I knew for sure. The frog that I was looking out for had decided to swim through the crowds, not jump along with them. They had not forgotten their waterproof skin on this dampened day. They just never had one to begin with. S.H.

4 comments:

KittyBonkers said...

Oooo your posts are always so dark and interesting, I need to remember to follow you!!

Hahaha how weird the cats look the same!! And thats my boyfies little sister, shes real cute but a bit of a madam sometimes! Your cat must look like Lolli then, our three year old cat madam!! I love her shes so pretty!

Kitty

Intrigued.shesays said...

Dare I say? Frogs...:)

Until then.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

Well I did warn you that I may have the habit of being immature at times:P

Curious indeed. Maybe you were thinking of me. But then again, maybe the thought of baby frogs was too cute to erase from memory completely.

Though seriously, frogs, lily pads and concrete ponds? Brilliance:)

Until next time.
xx

Intrigued.shesays said...

No no, no more tears left in me. I just liked the sense of freedom and so gave a voice to something that is usually taken for granted.

Thank you kind sir for you compliments and glad to know that I'm not the only one with a mind that works in a tangled, mysterious strange way:)

Until then.
xx