Monday, 2 August 2010

You're Not a Writer

Here's a little tip. You're not a writer unless someone's reading your shit, and you get paid for it. I wouldn't assume to be an expert on the subject, as I feel that no one should. But it really yanks my chain when those "oh so many" people out there think that just because they have a blog and enter a few short story competitions that they can call themselves a writer. By no means do I intend to discourage or criticise any aspiring writers, definitely not. But call yourself just that, an "aspiring" writer. You're not a writer. You aren't yet, bud. You just aren't. S.H.

3 comments:

Intrigued.shesays said...

Animals:)

Until then.
xx

Unknown said...

ahhh, yes, to get paid to write. It's awesome, isn't it?

H said...

Indeed. But it would be nice to get a little more a little more often, too. :)